A divorced mother is unlike anyone you have met before
If a happily married woman is a mama-bear, you should know what you let yourself in for when you date a divorced warrior queen. A divorced mother is unlike anyone you have met before. Strong, confident and independent, you have to be a special kind of fearless to date her.
Some men relish the thought of divorced moms because they seem in need of fixing; fragile like injured birds. But before you dive into the fire, there are a few things you should know.
- 1. Divorced moms are tough as nails. They have learned to fend for themselves and needed no man to complete them.
- 2. There will be scheduling conflicts. Divorced moms take sick kids and ornery co-parents in their stride - even if it means cancelling or postponing a date with a handsome knight in shining armour (that's you!). In a world where marriage, love and schedules are transitory, their kids come first. But that does not mean that she can't or won't make time for you, once you have proven yourself to be a steady rock in turbulent waters.
- 3. She expects you to reliable. Having had promises broken, she cherishes reliability and honesty. Don't say you will do something when you don't have every intention to follow through.
- 4. She craves adult interaction. While the children are her number one priority, she could use some intellectual adult interaction. A recent survey showed that the only thing more disappointing than unsubstantiated conversation or intellectual intimacy was disappointing sex.
- 5. Divorced moms are not desperate for a roll in the hay. They don't want a quick and they don't want to be a notch on your belt. They want to be treated like the queens that they are.
Your divorced mom dating success is very much determined by the attitude with which you enter the world she has created for herself and her children. She will honour your unselfishness and courage in understanding how to be present at the moment and accept what she has to give to you.