It’s easy to get complacent in a relationship and miss that something is awry.
All too often, couples land up in their comfy zone, and their relationship is heading nowhere fast. It's important to keep the magic in your relationship alive and equally important to be aware of all is not as it seems in your relationship. Here are five telltale signs that your marriage could be headed for the rocks:
- 1. You are happiest when you are alone: If you feel happier when your spouse is not with you, you have got a problem. You got married to live with the best person on the planet, and if you don't feel like he or she is the best person in the world, something is amiss.
- 2. The trust is gone: The alarm bells should start ringing if you don't trust each other anymore. When your spouse starts calling and texting you for no rhyme or reason, he or she is obviously checking up on you. This usually stems from insecurity and needs to be dealt with immediately. You should both feel extremely secure in your relationship with each other.
- 3. Not supporting one another's dreams: You should support each other's dreams throughout your marriage. Love is selfless, and that means wanting the best for each other. Support each other in whatever it is that you choose to do. You become one when you get married so it should be easy to support one another's dreams and goals.
- 4. You feel uneasy all of a sudden: We all have intuition, and it should be trusted. When you suddenly get a feeling inside that all is not well; it is worth looking into it further. If you have doubts about your spouse, chances are something is going on. Listen to your inner self and deal with it.
- 5. Unexpected changes in routine: People love routine, especially married people with children. They have to do the same thing day in and day out, such as get kids ready for school, drop them off at school, go to work, and all meet back at home that evening. There isn't much time for new routines in that kind of schedule. If your spouse suddenly has different things to do or his or her schedule changes, it's for a reason! Find out what is going on quickly.
While these are telltale signs that your marriage could be under threat, remember that communication is the key to a healthy marriage. Go out for coffee and sort things out before they get out of control. It could be something, or it could be nothing at all, but just get to the bottom of it.